I will do more than just hold your hand
Self Hypnosis for Childbirth
Karen Duignan C.M.H. C.Hyp. C.NLPP C.EFTP
( Certified Master Hypnotist, Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Neuro-linguistic Programming Practitioner, Certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner )
I qualified at The Proudfoot School of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy ( Scarborough ) in 1988 and 1991 and am an active member of The UK Guild of Hypnotist Examiners.
I run courses for expectant mothers and medical professionals to facilitate teaching women to utilise self hypnosis for themselves, preparing in Pregnancy and using self hypnosis during labour. Courses run for 6 weeks of 2 hours duration or shorter 1:1 sessions from 30 weeks of pregnancy. In addition to which I have a very successful private practise dealing with all aspects of clinical hypnosis and its application to private clients.
Some of the reported benefits of using Hypnosis for Childbirth:
* Improved sleep prior to delivery and after.
* Reduction of heartburn.
* Control of blood pressure.
* Removal of fear and anxiety.
* Less need for induction of labour.
* Fewer drugs or no drugs at all means less risk of side effect on mother and baby.
* Shorter labours - resistance of the birthing muscles as a response to pain is minimized or eliminated.
* An awake, energized mother, due to total relaxation throughout the birthing process.
* A calm, peaceful birthing environment.
* Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis.
* Fewer interventions and complications during labour.
* A plentiful milk supply.
* Babies who are better sleepers and feed well due to fewer drugs in their systems.
* Mothers who are less tired, more confident.